Don’t take this drug whenever you have narrow-angle glaucoma, or if you’re hypersensitive to Ativan or to additional benzodiazepines, like Xanax, Librium, Valium, or Serax.
Prior to using Ativan, tell your physician if you’re hypersensitive to whatever medications, or if you have:
- bronchial asthma, pulmonary emphysema, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), or additional breathing troubles; kidney or liver illness;
- a chronicle of depressive disorder or suicidal ideas or doings;
- a chronicle of medication abuse or alcoholism.
If you have whatever of these conditions, you might require a dosage modification or particular studies to securely use Ativan.
Ativan (Lorazepam) may be the ground to birth faults in an unborn child. Don’t take Ativan without your physician’s consent if you’re pregnant. Assure your physician whenever you turn pregnant during treatment.
Take a good sort of birth prevention when you’re taking this drug. It’s not identified whether Ativan goes into breast milk or if it can damage a sucking child. Don’t take this drug without notifying your physician if you’re nursing a baby.
The tranquilizing outcomes of this drug can last longer in aged grownups. Casual falls are basic in older people who use benzodiazepines. Take precaution to obviate falling or casual trauma when you’re using Ativan. Don’t give this drug to children younger than twelve years of age.
Ativan Side Effects
Acquire immediate health aid whenever you experience any of these signals of an allergy: hives; trouble breathing; puffiness of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your physician immediately whenever you experience whatever of these severe side effects:
- disarray, dismayed mood, ideas of suicide or injuring yourself;
- hyperactivity, excitement, aggression;
- delusions; turning dizzy, conking.
Less dangerous side effects can include:
- sleepiness, giddiness, fatigue;
- bleary vision;
- sleep disorders;
- muscle helplessness, miss of balance or coordination;
- memory loss or forgetfulness, problem focusing;
- sickness, barfing, constipation;
- appetite alterations;
- skin rash.
This isn’t a full listing of side effects and additional ones can take place. Assure your physician about whatever strange or annoying side effect.